Why Voice To Word?
Meeting Everyone’s Communications Needs.
Non-native speakers of English are often at a disadvantage in the workplace. Every day, internationally-educated professionals miss potential work opportunities or lose jobs due to ineffective communication skills. Accents, vocabulary, listening skills, organization of thoughts, directness, etc. – all these aspects of communication are shaped by experience and culture. Without proper orientation and practice, gaps of knowledge can lead to miscommunication and misinterpretation.
When someone hasn’t understood you, you may begin to feel unsure of yourself. A native-speaker would probably think the listener hadn’t heard properly. But the non-native speaker moves into self-doubt. You may imagine that your accent is too strong or that you have used a term incorrectly or acted inappropriately. This may or may not be the case but how do you know?
Feelings of insecurity and discomfort permeate both work and social relations, and unrefined communication can limit professional potential. But what can you do? Most ESL training does not address issues such as accent and vocabulary at a sufficiently advanced and refined level and often completely disregards cultural issues.
Customized communication skills training for fluent non-native English speakers
- One-on-one cutomized training (needs assessment, program design & delivery) We help you maximize your time and reach your goals more quickly with one-on-one training sessions.
- Corporate Programs (one-on-one training, group coaching, customized program design & delivery) We help your non-native English-speaking employees reach their full potential in the business environment.
- Accent modification (needs assessment, pronunciation coaching, elocution training, clear speech) We help you refine your accent so that you can speak clearly and understand better.
- Presentation skills training & Voice coaching (needs assessment, voice quality & projection, effective & culturally appropriate presentations) We help you present with clear speech, using a strong voice and with appropriate and effective visuals and delivery.
- Conversation coaching, Cross cultural training & Interpersonal skills (needs assessment, sociolinguistics coaching, cultural competency) We help you understand cultural expectations and develop skills in conversing and interacting in English.
- Business communication skills (needs assessment, grammar & writing, culturally appropriate communication) We help you refine your grammar and writing skills so you can communicate correctly, appropriately and effectively.
Our needs assessment
sets the stage for your success
All our training is customized, helping clients reach their goals quickly and efficiently. This means we can combine a variety of skills training into one program. At Voice to Word Consulting, your personalized program is developed based on an in-depth needs assessment of your language skills and a thorough understanding of your personal goals.
With this understanding of where you are, we focus on where you want to go – your personal goals. Then, we develop a personalized program that achieves real results.
And because no two organizations are alike, Voice to Word Consulting also offers in-depth communication needs analyses. On an organizational level, we explore the challenges and issues presented by your non-native speakers. We determine the number of people affected and potential ways to address their needs within your organizational structure.
Integrating the results of our needs assessments with organizational goals, we develop a plan that could include one-on-one coaching and/or customized group programs.
What's the first step?
Make an assessment appointment. We offer a promotional rate on our assessments and never pressure you to sign up. If you decide to enroll, the price of the assessment is deducted from the cost of your training. You can’t lose.
Contact us anytime to find out more or book an appointment. We want to see you succeed!